State Nonprofit Requirements: Who Needs to Register to Make Charitable Solicitations?

Posted on

All nonprofits are required to register in states prior to beginning solicitation campaigns, not just 501(c)(3) exempt organizations.

501(c)(4) [social welfare leagues and associations] and 501(c)(19) [veteran organizations] have specialized registration requirements.

Higher education institutions, religious organizations, hospitals, and member organizations may qualify for certain exemptions but are required to file with the state in question to claim the exemptions.

Posted in State RegistrationTagged